Our aim has always been to provide outstanding customer service combined with a vast range of products
Although it seems rather longer, we have in fact been trading since just 2008. Since then though, our expansion has been rapid and very much fuelled by the fact that we’re delivering what we originally set out to do: Provide outstanding customer service with a vast range of products across all our divisions.
A family owned and run business
Started by the local married couple of Frank and Julie Bremner and still run by both of them today, we have a culture of genuine customer service and commitment. Here’s a list of our complete team and what they do:
- Frank – Managing Director
- Julie – Company Secretary / Home Style
- Sarah – Homestyle, admin and customer Services
- Elliot – Industrial Supply / Tool Hire
- Mark – Industrial Supply / Tool Hire
A brief history of the business
- We were established in 2008 in a much smaller premises in Princes Street, and ahead of that Frank and Julie owned and ran Thurso Building Supplies.
- Rapid growth led to expansion into our current premises at Ormlie in October 2013, with ISO 9001 accreditation also gained.
- We now hold a number of contracts to supply major infrastructure and renewable projects.
Supporting the local community
As local Thurso people, both Frank and Julie have always keen to support the local community and further afield into Caithness and Sutherland. For this reason LED provides sponsorship funding and support in kind to a number of local and regional community clubs, events and charities including:
- Caithness Rugby Club
- Caithness Agricultural Society
- Fisherman’s Mission
- Thurso Rotary Club
- Thurso Youth Club
- Thurso FC
- Caithness Moto X Club
- Thurso Golf Club
- Mey 10K
- Local Schools
- Town Improvements Association
- Comm Bar Walk